A 2-in-1 is a touch-optimized convertible-hybrid laptop or detachable-hybrid tablet that possesses both a touch screen and a physical keyboard of some sort. When you need full-stroke keys and a touchpad, you can use the 2-in-1 just the way you would a regular laptop. But if you need or want full access to just the screen for an extended period of time, that’s an option as well. It is a new breed of functionality and portability. Here are some of the best ones out in the market now.
- The Notebook 9 boasts a very sleek design, with its sturdy aluminum body and subtle, dark-gray coloring.
- Equipped with the Samsung S Pen, which is considered as one of the best in the market.
- It comes with a 7-GHz Intel Core i7-7500U CPU, AMD Radeon 540 graphics, 16GB of RAMand a 256GB SSD, making it a very powerful machine in terms of performance.
- It is sold cheaper than its competitors.
- It comes with lots of bloatware.
- Its battery life is not as impressive as the rest of the device.
The Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is a sleek, powerful 15-inch laptop that has the best built-in stylus on the market. However, its battery life still leaves something to be desired.
- It is well designed and very good-looking.
- Provides full Android app support
- It comes with a display that is both vibrant and responsive
- It does not have a built-in stylus, which means that you have to buy its Pixelbook Pen separately.
- Biometric login is not supported by the device.
- The price is relatively higher compared to other similar products.
The Pixelbook is an attractive, powerful 2-in-1, with specs that can compete with any Windows ultraportable and a body barely larger than an iPad Pro. It does ask for a lot of money for a ChromeOS device, but the Pixelbook could well be worth the price.
- It has a 360-degree hinge that lends it with a clamshell-to-tablet versatility
- It comes in a thin, light, and attractive design.
- Its keyboard and trackpad are comfortable to use.
- Display and performance are both good
- The display’s middle setting is dark, which means it has to be put on high setting for most use.
- Its compatibility with Android apps is still in its Beta stage and definitely needs a little more work
The Asus C302CA is an advanced Chromebook worth the money for its 360-degree hinge, high-res display, and its ability to run Android apps. The 10-hour battery life is another big plus.
- It comes with the eight-generation Intel Core i7 CPU that helps it ace most, if not all, of its benchmarks.
- Battery life is excellent and build quality is sturdy.
- Its keyboard and touchpad are both comfortable to use.
- It comes with a stylus pen.
- Its speaker placement sometimes results in muffled sounds.
- It does not have an HDMI port.
- It lacks an SD card slot.
The Lenovo Yoga 920 has a top-notch design and build, and is an excellent convertible laptop that delivers long battery life and speedy performance thanks to its 8th-generation Core i7 CPU.
- Its battery during laptop mode is the best of its class.
- It boasts of a unique, well-built design.
- Pen input functions well and keyboard is comfortable to use.
- Lightweight as a tablet
- Its “fulcrum” hinge makes the laptop look fatter when its shut
- It can be slightly top heavy when it is used on top of your lap.
- Screen is slightly wobbly in laptop mode.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 has a well-crafted chassis, comfortable keyboard, vibrant screen, fast performance and long battery life. However, it can be a bit pricey and its relatively heavy weight and imbalanced weight distribution make it less portable compared to lighter systems.